I have SO many photos of this house in my inspiration folder on my Mac from the past few years, from a variety of sources. But I'd never known where they had come from (or in some cases, that various of my favourite shots of rooms was the same place.).
Curled up on the couch with a bad cold on Friday, I stumbled upon Likainen Parketti (via A Merry Mishap) and went into sensory overload. Her apartment and the items she fills it with are just amazingly gorgeous and fills me with so many ideas on how to achieve the same ambiance and feelings in our apartment, and in plans for the cottage/house we have in the future. The muted tones and the lack of colour. The textures and contrasts. The mix of luxe and simplicity, industrial and designer.
The irony is, unfortunately in the last little while she has decided to discontinue her blog - just as I had finally FINALLY found it. Such a shame.
Go and enjoy. It's been a huge inspiration on me in the past, and I'm sure you'll see a lot more of it bleed over into our house now I have pages of posts to trawl though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment