PROJECT : SOFABED
Though sprucing up mid-century finds is more my kind of thing, the time has finally come to turn my attention to where my own rump rests. Though nothing special or fancy, this was my first couch - bought for me and stored by my dad so "at least wherever I end up I have somewhere to sit and sleep", it's followed me across the city where I was born and across the country when I moved. It's like an old friend - slightly embarrassing but fiercely loyal and I wouldn't know what to do without it.
So, I spent my day off dismantling his mattress mechanism, pulling staples, unpicking stitches with the utmost care. A collection of vintage army blankets will soon be recut and his worn in cushions stuffed with duck feathers. Might even bring him into the new century with some better shaped arms. Cos y'know - that's just what friends do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
can´t wait to see the result! ;)
Post a Comment