
Hello, beautiful. Yes, I know how unhappy you are, how mistreated you've been. Your white moulded plastic is so yellowed. Your top is missing, your castors attached so painfully askew, you've been covered in army print contact paper, and there's rock hard lumps of discarded chewing gum and what I can only hope is red wine and not old blood stains that need to be scrubbed away. They only think you're worth $5 and that just makes things worse. Come now, wipe away those tears and let's get you home.
I still can't believe I've found a Kartell Componibili element storage unit, in an op shop, for a measly five bucks. It's just ludicrous. Even the lady at the store knew it's value and what a rare find it was, and threatened to jack up the stickered price.
I've seen them around the place in magazines and blogs throughout the years, but really started coveting one since I spotted one in Anna @ Door Sixteen's Closet Office, but as always - finding these sorts of things is kinda impossible here. But, it just goes to show, if you keep patient, the thrift store gods will eventually smile upon you.
Now - to get to work. First up, peeling this army contact paper off and fixing these castors that have been cobbled onto the bottom. I'm not sure yet how to whiten up this yellowed plastic so please, if you have any ideas leave a comment!
3 comments:
Nice!!! I'd definitely try Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. They're amazing.
@Dan yeah I've heard really good things about Magic Erasers. I'm yet to find them down here in Australia though... Gave it a good scrub and it's better but still really creamy yellow. I'm inclined to leave it until I have a proven way to do it. Keep that vintage feel going..!
Yellowed Plastic: http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/
Post a Comment